Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Who doesn’t love pasta? Okay for the very few population that doesn’t, look at my other posts. But for my pasta lovers…read on! By the way, kids LOVE this recipe, I know because it’s been “many-kids approved”!
This is a simple, yet healthy twist to the standard pasta sauce and noodles. I love it because it’s packed with nutrients and is made with real, whole food!
- 2-3 bunches kale, cleaned, stems removed and chopped (You can use any dark green leafy vegetable)
- 1 Jar of Your Favorite Organic Pasta Sauce*
- 8 ounces of Whole Grain Pasta Noodles (make sure it says "WHOLE" grain)
- or Gluten-Free Pasta Noodles such as brown rice or quinoa (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Organic or Grass-Fed Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil for cooking pasta. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring often, until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add the kale and any other seasonings/ingredients (as mentioned below) to the pasta and stir well. Transfer to a shallow baking dish (preferably glass or stoneware). Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake until cheese melts. Serve warm and enjoy!
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Add coconut oil to a shallow pan and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, for 30 to 60 seconds. Then toss it in the mix when you add your pasta sauce.
What’s your favorite extras to add to pasta?